Javascript and Firefox 3.0

Louis

Thanks in advance for any comment and suggestion...

On one of my web pages, I use javascript to pop up a context menu box
when the right-mouse button is clicked on a link. It works fine in
Firefox 2.

When I upgraded to Firefox 3.0, I found out that when I right-mouse
click on the same link, it will pop up my context menu as well as the
default browser context menu. I have already used the following code to
suppress the default context menu, and as I mentioned before, it worked
fine in Firefox 2:

evt.stopPropagation();
evt.preventDefault();

However, this only happens when I turn on PC, run Firefox 3, navigate to
my web page. After the first mis-cue, everything works just like it did
in Firefox 2. Even if I close my web page or even Firefox 3, go back to
the page, the right-mouse click works fine. It only happens when I
re-start my PC.

Any experience with the same problem? Any comment? Suggestion?

Thank you.

Gregor Kofler

Louis meinte:
Thanks in advance for any comment and suggestion...

On one of my web pages, I use javascript to pop up a context menu box
when the right-mouse button is clicked on a link.

I can't comment on your specific FF3 problem. But then: I disallow the
tampering with the context menu in my preferences. For me - and I
suppose a lot of other users - your effort put in a therefore useless
customized context menu is wasted.
Any experience with the same problem? Any comment? Suggestion?

Forget about your custom RMB menu.

Gregor