Javascript and FTP Applet

MikeofPet

I am creating an HTML form and would like the user to have the
capability to browse to a file and when "Submit" is selected, the file
would be anonymous FTPd to my server. I realize this can be handled
using the HTML "input file" function, but have found that for large
files this has not given good performance. I believe I would get
better performance if I used Javascript to call an FTP applet to
perform the file transfer. Has anyone tried this or know of the source
of an FTP applet with public methods where I could call the applet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erwin Moller

MikeofPet said:
I am creating an HTML form and would like the user to have the
capability to browse to a file and when "Submit" is selected, the file
would be anonymous FTPd to my server. I realize this can be handled
using the HTML "input file" function, but have found that for large
files this has not given good performance. I believe I would get
better performance if I used Javascript to call an FTP applet to
perform the file transfer. Has anyone tried this or know of the source
of an FTP applet with public methods where I could call the applet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Your question has little to do with JavaScript.
Try comp.lang.java.help or comp.lang.java.programmer for help on Java
applets.

Regards,
Erwin Moller