Javascript commands within email - not working.

david.jones45

Hi,

I was playing around with some of the basic javascript commands like
onMouseOver, onMouseOut, stuff like that and trying to use them within
HTML e-mails.

However, when composing the e-mail javascript seems fine. I can
preview it and the javascript (as much as one can see) appears to be
working.

But when I send it to my Yahoo and Gmail, the javascript doesn't come
through. The HTML formatting is fine. All my browser settings allow
javascript.

Any ideas why this is happening? Sorry it is such a basic question.

Thanks.

Gregor Kofler

(e-mail address removed) meinte:
Hi,

I was playing around with some of the basic javascript commands like
onMouseOver, onMouseOut, stuff like that and trying to use them within
HTML e-mails.

However, when composing the e-mail javascript seems fine. I can
preview it and the javascript (as much as one can see) appears to be
working.

But when I send it to my Yahoo and Gmail, the javascript doesn't come
through. The HTML formatting is fine. All my browser settings allow
javascript.

I suppose Yahoo/Google filters your JS before delivering the mail.

Gregor

Evertjan.

Gregor Kofler wrote on 23 okt 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
(e-mail address removed) meinte:

I suppose Yahoo/Google filters your JS before delivering the mail.

Any decent email client will disallow javascript.

If you send the html as a attachment, it should work when viewed with a
browser. I would never try that as a security conscious email receiver,
unless I know the sender personally and can vouch for him, or have scanned
the sourse code with my own eyes.