    execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.

    Is this possible ?

    an example is highly appreciated
    Mel, May 4, 2007

  2. Mel

    Evertjan. Guest

    Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
    > execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.
    >
    > Is this possible ?

    No, not with javascript in a browser
    with acceptable security settings
    and a clientside .exe

    > an example is highly appreciated

    ... of it not being possible?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., May 4, 2007

  3. Mel

    Mel Guest

    On May 4, 9:00 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >
    > > I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
    > > execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.

    > > Is this possible ?

    > No, not with javascript in a browser
    > with acceptable security settings
    > and a clientside .exe
    >
    > > an example is highly appreciated

    > .. of it not being possible?
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.

    sorry; i meant on the serverside no client side
    Mel, May 4, 2007
  4. Mel

    -Lost Guest

    Mel wrote:
    > On May 4, 9:00 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >>> I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
    >>> execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.
    >>> Is this possible ?

    >> No, not with javascript in a browser
    >> with acceptable security settings
    >> and a clientside .exe
    >>
    >>> an example is highly appreciated

    >> .. of it not being possible?

    <snip sig>

    No need to quote signatures. See the FAQ. http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_3

    > sorry; i meant on the serverside no client side

    I am not totally sure about JavaScript, but Microsoft's implementation
    (JScript) can (via Active Server Pages).

    --
    -Lost
    kidding. No I am not.
    -Lost, May 4, 2007
  5. Mel

    Evertjan. Guest

    Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On May 4, 9:00 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    >> Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
    >>
    >> > I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
    >> > execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.

    >> > Is this possible ?

    >> No, not with javascript in a browser
    >> with acceptable security settings
    >> and a clientside .exe
    >>
    >> > an example is highly appreciated

    >> .. of it not being possible?

    [please do not quote signatures]

    > sorry; i meant on the serverside no client side

    Better ask in a ASP NG:

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.