Javascript Executing a foreign application possible ?

Mel

I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.

Is this possible ?

an example is highly appreciated

Evertjan.

Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have an application in the form of "*.exe" file and i need to
execute this and evaluate the returned values within Javascript.

Is this possible ?

No, not with javascript in a browser
with acceptable security settings
and a clientside .exe
an example is highly appreciated

... of it not being possible?

Mel

Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

No, not with javascript in a browser
with acceptable security settings
and a clientside .exe

.. of it not being possible?

sorry; i meant on the serverside no client side

Evertjan.

Mel wrote on 04 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

[please do not quote signatures]
sorry; i meant on the serverside no client side

Better ask in a ASP NG: