Javascript formatter tool

mistral

I there any good javascript formatter tool? (format javascript
accurately, etc)

Mistral

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

mistral said:
I there any good javascript formatter tool? (format javascript
accurately, etc)

Most non-IE browsers can do it for you. Try the following in Firefox
or Opera:
---
function formatJS(jsText) {
var funcString = new Function(jsText).toString();
var match =
/^\s*function\s*\w*\s*\(\s*\)\s*\{([\s\S]*)\}\s*$/.exec(funcString);
if (match) {
return match[1];
} else {
// unable to parse function expression

mistral

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen пиÑал(а):
I there any good javascript formatter tool? (format javascript accurately, etc)

Most non-IE browsers can do it for you. Try the following in Firefox or
Opera:

function formatJS(jsText) {
var funcString = new Function(jsText).toString();
var match =

/^\s*function\s*\w*\s*\(\s*\)\s*\{([\s\S]*)\}\s*$/.exec(funcString);
if (match) {
return match[1];
} else {
// unable to parse function expression

It's not perfect (it removes comments), but it doesn't get much
simpler :)

/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - (e-mail address removed)
DHTML Death Colors:

Well, but I use Internet Explorer only.

Mistral

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

mistral said:
Well, but I use Internet Explorer only.

I guess it's as good a time as any to change that :)
You can have more than one browser installed at the same time,
so you can install Firefox and use it just for this, and still use
IE for your browsing needs.

/L