    set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
    higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
    that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

    Karl, Feb 15, 2009

  2. Karl

    rf Guest

    Karl wrote:
    > Im greyying out the screen and displaying a dialog box in front of
    > grey out, the code is right but IE isnt respecting the zindexes Ive
    > set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
    > higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
    > that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

    So you said in multiple newsgroups. Look into crossposting for your next
    question. That way you don't start totally disparate conversations all over
    the place.

    Without being able to see what you have so far anything is guesswork but my
    guess is that the dialogs parent must also have a higher z-index.

    rf, Feb 15, 2009

  3. Karl wrote:
    > Im greyying out the screen and displaying a dialog box in front of
    > grey out, the code is right but IE isnt respecting the zindexes Ive
    > set for the dialog and grey out. It works in ff. The zindex is
    > higher on the dialog box and lower on the grey out, IE acknowledges
    > that but displays the grey in front of dialog. Any secrets?

    Since we don't know what your code looks like, we probably can't where
    the problem is. URL?

    Harlan Messinger, Feb 15, 2009