    Thank
    u....................
    , Apr 26, 2006

    Re: Javascript instead of flash

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I want to add some good attraction to my web pages, Like
    > Flash etc,
    > But if include flash file means it will take much time to load the
    > page, and server also gets slow. So Instead of using flash,I need the
    > same effect of flash through javascript coding, is that possible?

    Probably not. Flash can do many things.

    Check out the yahoo ui animation library

    http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/index.html

    or maybe even scriptaculous even though it is considered buggy by some

    http://script.aculo.us

    Peter
    , Apr 26, 2006

  3. cwdjrxyz Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I want to add some good attraction to my web pages, Like
    > Flash etc,
    > But if include flash file means it will take much time to load the
    > page, and server also gets slow. So Instead of using flash,I need the
    > same effect of flash through javascript coding, is that possible?
    > If that possible, where can i refer for that.

    With only javascript, you can move things around in various ways. Look
    up DHTML sites on Google for ideas. These effects are not used as much
    as once because of flash, etc, and some people dislike them, especially
    for pages for which a viewer visits often. You might also consider
    animated gifs that you can build using an animation image program, but
    there are some who dislike these, especially if they are large and
    flashy.

    > If u have any other idea on presenting a good webpage,tel me

    I would say that the best thing you can do is have good page layout
    with text that is fairly large and easy to read. Also you should
    validate your code. Also, if you can, check your page on several common
    browsers and at more than one screen width. Instead of having too much
    clutter on a single page, use links to other pages. And consider your
    intended audience. A web page aimed at young children might have a
    considerably different style from one aimed at adults, for example.
    Also consider how the page will function if the viewing browser has
    script turned off, has no flash support, has animation turned off, etc.
    Can your intended message still get through without gross distortion of
    the page?
    cwdjrxyz, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Aaron Gray Guest

    > If u suggest me, it wil be very useful for me.

    The only thing I can think of is Walter Zorn's JavaScript Graphics library
    :-

    http://www.walterzorn.com/jsgraphics/jsgraphics_e.htm

    You maybe be able to do basic animation with that. But bare in mind every
    point is a <div> !!!

    Aaron
    Aaron Gray, Apr 27, 2006