Javascript item appearing in Firefox, not IE

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Mig, Dec 12, 2007.

  1. Mig

    Mig Guest

    I just purchased a Wordpress theme and am customizing it. It uses a
    javascript tabbed content area with a script called tabber.js. I'd
    already made dozens or hundreds of changes in various templates before
    bothering to look at the site in IE7 (always using Firefox 2). The
    entire tab area simply doesn't appear in IE. Works fine in Firefox.
    Also Safari on a Mac and Opera.

    The tabbed area shows up fine in IE at the demo site for the theme.
    I've gone over every tag and template hunting for an inconsistency
    that could cause this. Something in my code is preventing IE from
    running the tabber. Can't imagine it's anything server-side. I've
    tried replacing my sidebar.php and a few related templates with the
    originals and it still doesn't work in my site. So it's not the code
    inside the tabber. Any suggestions?

    The page is valid XHTML 1.0 transitional.

    My site: http://www.theotherrussia.org (The tab content area appears
    under the black and white cartoon on the right sidebar, above the
    words "special coverage". You can see it in Firefox...)

    Theme demo site: http://www.wp-magazine.com .

    Thanks much. Mig
    Mig, Dec 12, 2007