Javascript:LaunchCenter

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by KJ, Sep 26, 2003.

  1. KJ

    KJ Guest

    Now I'm not into annoying people with popup ads, I'm a webmaster of a
    church website and I wanted to know if there was a way to get around
    these popup stoppers and use a function like launchCenter:

    Code Below:

    function launchCenter(url, name, height, width) {
    var str = "height=" + height + ",innerHeight=" + height;
    str += ",width=" + width + ",innerWidth=" + width;
    if (window.screen) {
    var ah = screen.availHeight - 30;
    var aw = screen.availWidth - 10;

    var xc = (aw - width) / 2;
    var yc = (ah - height) / 2;

    str += ",left=" + xc + ",screenX=" + xc;
    str += ",top=" + yc + ",screenY=" + yc;
    str += ",scrollbars,resizable,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no";
    }
    ww = window.open(url, name, str);
    }

    People are complaining that when I use that function to display new
    hyperlink pages that if they have a program called "Popup Stopper" my
    hyperlink pages will not open up. But I'm using the Google toolbar
    popup blocker and when I click on hyperlinks new windows open up fine.

    Is there anyway in Javascript I can get new windows to show up the
    same even with Popup Stopper?

    Thanks for any suggestions. I hate to mess up my design because a few
    people are using Popup stopper.

    KJ, Sep 26, 2003

  2. KJ

    Phrederik Guest

    "KJ" <> wrote in message
    > Now I'm not into annoying people with popup ads, I'm a webmaster of a
    > church website and I wanted to know if there was a way to get around
    > these popup stoppers and use a function like launchCenter:

    Phrederik, Sep 26, 2003