JavaScript MD5

Paul Johnston

Hi,

I have just updated my pages about JavaScript MD5, and released beta
versions of new hash scripts for: MD5, RIPEMD160, SHA1, SHA256 and
SHA512.
http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/

The main use for these is protecting passwords during login, and the
instructions for doing so have been substantially updated.

Do let me know what you think. Also, I'd like to let as many people
know as possible, are there other forums that would be appropriate?

Regards,

Paul

Ben Crowell

Paul said:
Hi,

I have just updated my pages about JavaScript MD5, and released beta
versions of new hash scripts for: MD5, RIPEMD160, SHA1, SHA256 and
SHA512.
http://pajhome.org.uk/crypt/md5/

The main use for these is protecting passwords during login, and the
instructions for doing so have been substantially updated.

Do let me know what you think. Also, I'd like to let as many people
know as possible, are there other forums that would be appropriate?

Regards,

Paul

There's an LGPL-licensed sha1 library here:

http://www.movable-type.co.uk/scripts/sha1.html

Looks like yours is BSD-licensed, so they're probably pretty
interchangeable in terms of licensing, if all one needs is SHA1.

The large number of global variables in yours seems like a problem
to me.

Paul Johnston

Hi,
The large number of global variables in yours seems like a problem
to me.

This has been a comment again and again, so I will address this is
version 3.0.

Any suggestions for the best way to do this are welcome.

Paul