    i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
    keyborad??

    how can i do it plz?

    eXistenZ|, Jan 16, 2005

  2. eXistenZ|

    Rob Meade Guest

    Rob Meade, Jan 16, 2005

  3. eXistenZ|

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <>
    writing in news:OdtL3$6#:

    > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
    > keyborad??
    >
    > how can i do it plz?

    Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable a
    key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or key
    combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my life
    easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not work? Did
    you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not use a mouse,
    so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?

    Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    Adrienne, Jan 16, 2005
  4. eXistenZ|

    Bob Lehmann Guest

    Plz, y wld u wnt 2 do smthg lk ths?

    Also, ths snt txt msgng on a phn. u cn us all the lttrs n th lfubt & it wnt
    cst xtra.

    Bob Lehmann

    Bob Lehmann, Jan 17, 2005
  5. eXistenZ|

    eXistenZ| Guest

    i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll program
    this key!!!!!!

    and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so thing
    next time before saying anything

    thx

    Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...

    eXistenZ|, Jan 17, 2005
  6. eXistenZ|

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <>
    writing in news:uZSM4OG$:

    > "Adrienne" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
    >> <> writing in
    >>
    >> > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key on
    >> > keyborad??
    >> >
    >> > how can i do it plz?
    >> >

    >> Why would you want to do that? Why on earth would you want to disable
    >> a key on MY keyboard? Did you know that I might have certain keys or
    >> key combinations already programmed to do certain things to make my
    >> life easier, and that disabling this key will make those things not
    >> work? Did you think I might be differently abled or disabled and not
    >> use a mouse, so the keyboard is my only means of navigation?
    >>
    >> Please think before you do this. It is a BAD idea.
    >>

    > i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll
    > program this key!!!!!!
    >
    > and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so
    > thing
    > next time before saying anything

    There is no "erase" key, so I am assuming you are talking about the
    Backspace key. Well, that key IS used for navigation by browsers. It is
    used in lieu of the Back Button on the browser, for users who may or may
    not have a mouse. So, you are trying to keep users from going back in
    history, eh? Is this because of a form that is losing data?

    Now, if you are talking about the Delete key, again, if I make a mistake in
    a text input field, how am I supposed to erase it?

    Rethink your application.

    Adrienne, Jan 17, 2005
  7. eXistenZ|

    eXistenZ| Guest

    there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont want
    that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining anything!!!

    Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...

    eXistenZ|, Jan 17, 2005
  8. eXistenZ|

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <>
    writing in news:#TEtQnG$:

    > "Adrienne" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    > Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
    >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
    >> <> writing in
    >>

    >> > "Adrienne" <> a écrit dans le message de
    >> > news: Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...

    >> > i just want to disable "erase" key, and i dont thing that you'll
    >> > program this key!!!!!!
    >> >
    >> > and i thaught before !!! and in my program it's not a bad idea, so
    >> > thing
    >> > next time before saying anything
    >> >

    >> There is no "erase" key, so I am assuming you are talking about the
    >> Backspace key. Well, that key IS used for navigation by browsers. It
    >> is used in lieu of the Back Button on the browser, for users who may
    >> or may not have a mouse. So, you are trying to keep users from going
    >> back in history, eh? Is this because of a form that is losing data?
    >>
    >> Now, if you are talking about the Delete key, again, if I make a
    >> mistake in a text input field, how am I supposed to erase it?
    >>
    >> Rethink your application.

    > there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont
    > want that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining
    > anything!!!

    Why do you not want the user to be able to go back? Trust me, if a user
    really wants to go back, they will. If this is going to break your
    application, then you have to debug the application, not use a kludge
    that's doomed to fail anyway.

    Adrienne, Jan 17, 2005
  9. eXistenZ|

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Adrienne" wrote in message
    : Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|" <>
    : writing in news:#TEtQnG$:
    : >
    : > "Adrienne" <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    : > Xns95E0ED9537E88arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
    : >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
    : >> <> writing in
    : >> news:uZSM4OG$:
    : >>
    : >> >
    : >> > "Adrienne" <> a écrit dans le message de
    : >> > news: Xns95E09F52A9AA2arbpenyahoocom@207.115.63.158...
    : >> >> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "eXistenZ|"
    : >> >> <> writing in
    : >> >> news:OdtL3$6#:
    : >> >>
    : >> >> > i'm looking for a prog in js or javascript who cas disable a key
    : >> >> > on keyborad??
    : >> >> >
    : >> >> > how can i do it plz?
    : >> >> >
    : >> >> >
    : >> >>
    :
    : > there is no text input in the page where i'm trying to disable, i dont
    : > want that the user go back!!!that's all !!! you're are imagining
    : > anything!!!
    : >
    : >
    :
    : Why do you not want the user to be able to go back? Trust me, if a user
    : really wants to go back, they will. If this is going to break your
    : application, then you have to debug the application, not use a kludge
    : that's doomed to fail anyway.
    :

    So the ALT+LEFTARROW, BACKSPACE, BACK BUTTON, etc. But the back button
    cannot be controlled to perhaps removing the item from history might be
    better or not caching the page in the first place so if they go back, they
    would have to report the data to see the page again.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Jan 17, 2005
  10. eXistenZ|

    CJM Guest

    "Bob Lehmann" <> wrote in message
    > Plz, y wld u wnt 2 do smthg lk ths?
    >
    > Also, ths snt txt msgng on a phn. u cn us all the lttrs n th lfubt & it
    > wnt
    > cst xtra.
    >
    > Bob Lehmann

    Classic.