Javascript Programmer Needed

mktgmaker

We are looking for a Javascript Programmer who is able to create a
"onmouseover" popup similar to the one used by kontera.com (see
contenlink link on the home page). The popup shall be transparent and
the layer shall be loaded considering link position and browser window.
If interested please email a short resume and a quote
mktgmaker[at]gmail.com

Best Regards,
Max

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/23/2006 2:55 AM:
We are looking for a Javascript Programmer who is able to create a
"onmouseover" popup similar to the one used by kontera.com (see
contenlink link on the home page).

Right Click>View source. The code is already there.
The popup shall be transparent and the layer shall be loaded
considering link position and browser window.

Try overlib and make it transparent.

shimmyshack

ASM, do you use adblock, no script on ff, an ad removing proxy or a
decent hosts file? it took me a few moments to disable these so I could
see the pop up too!

ASM

shimmyshack a écrit :
ASM, do you use adblock,

Yes, and ?

I see all the uggly flash files.

What these ones have to do with a 'onmouseover' (in normal html)?

Authorizing popups : no popup fires anywhere :-(

ASM

shimmyshack a écrit :
heres a page giving links to an example of whats meant.

thanks for your efforts.

But ... my english is too poor I can follow this kind of forums :-(
(even in french I have a lot of difficulties to follow this exchanges of
messages whom most of them are irrelevant)

All what I retain : this super demo doesn't work in certain configs.

Note :
I tried too with :
- Opera 9 --> blocked ! I'd to force to kill it :-(
- IE 5.2 ---> xxx errors ---> page almost entirely white.
- Safari 1.3.2 : I overed all links found : nothing come up.

Gone :
http://kontera.com/demo.aspx
Where is the demo ?
(it's a flash turning too fast where nothing is in demo I can try)

shimmyshack

for me adblock is status bar bottom right,
also
tools,addons,right click adblock, options.

hope that helps.

are you using Opera9 ?

ASM

shimmyshack a écrit :
for me adblock is status bar bottom right,

not for me but finally I've found it in Tools / Extensions
and now off ...
.... nothing much more than before :

always no overing popups :-(

only uggly fhash opened by JS with
flashToShow.push(new Array(" blah

JS disabled ... no more flash ... nor ... menu :-(
(and no more advertising)
Site for the box to idiots.
are you using Opera9 ?

Usually I use Firefox, Opera 9 used only for tests.

mktgmaker

Please email directly if you are able to write a custom js script like
that.
mktgmaker[at]gmail.com

Thanks, Max

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Please email directly if you are able to write a custom js script like
that.

Like what ?

I'm yet waiting an effect of popup when mouse flies over something.

Now, if you speak about to have absolutely JS enabled to visit a site,
sorry it's not my cup of tea.
A site MUST be seen *without* JS. (nor Flash nor plug-in whether it is)

shimmyshack

theres nothing special about this "pop up", it just searches the DOM
for all paragraphs, and injects a span around the keywords, css
provides the double underline, with an attached event, then when the
user rolls over it, hey presto it unhides a little div which shows more
info on the keyword. It is unobtrusive js at least but the html that
generates the effect used to be font tags until very recently when they
finally realised the world had moved on and that they might get more
money if they stopped hacked and got someone in to write decent code.
You really dont have to pay someone, just download firebug and see the
code for yourself.

ASM

shimmyshack a écrit :
theres nothing special about this "pop up", it just searches the DOM
for all paragraphs, and injects a span around the keywords, css
provides the double underline, with an attached event, then when the
user rolls over it, hey presto it unhides a little div which shows more
info on the keyword.

Is there somewhere a page where I can see these keywords underlined ?
And if possible their attached bulls info.

It is unobtrusive js at least

Ha, OK.
And AddBlock wouldn't have to block this, no/yes ?

mktgmaker

I don't want to search and underline.
I just need a nice box like that, just to load our "tips".
I need a script that generates layers with that layout, positioned,
draggable, etc. but nothing related to the service they offer.
Onmouseover I should be able to show a unique box (div) anchored to a
specific text. I like the effects, fade in, etc.
If you are able to write it please email a quote. It's urgent :(
Thanks.

notes:
- Onmouseover the javascript shall be executed and load the popup with
a dynamic content, which will be specified through a variable within
the script.

- Content can include html code (images and links)

- Customizazion should be possible through variables to change
background images and as popup size.

- Multiple popups with different contents can be loaded on a single
page

- The popup background and position depend on the element (link)
position in the page (upper lower left right).

- Il will be a cross-browser script

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I don't want to search and underline.
I just need a nice box like that, just to load our "tips".
I need a script that generates layers with that layout, positioned,
draggable, etc. but nothing related to the service they offer.
Onmouseover I should be able to show a unique box (div) anchored to a
specific text. I like the effects, fade in, etc.
If you are able to write it please email a quote. It's urgent :(
Thanks.

Except fade effect links to javascript about what you want have been given.
http://www.walterzorn.com/tooltip/tooltip_e.htm