javascript resize in IE/XP wonky

mindseeker

I have a html window that is opened from another link with the toolbars
etc off.
i have javascript code to detect the users screen size, which then the
newly opened window uses to resize to full screen.

this code doesnt seem to work correctly with IE and XP. it works
correctly under netscape, mozilla in XP, and under WIN2k, it works with
IE, netscape mozilla. it does it on other peoples pcs, so i know its
just not me

If i press F5 to refresh the browser, it will then correct itself and
size to full screen.

is it a bug or just blame the moon?

code below
***********************
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Interactive Map of Bay of Plenty Region</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var winHeight=screen.height;
var winWidth=screen.width;

winHeight = winHeight-25;

window.resizeTo(winWidth,winHeight);
window.moveTo(0,0);
</SCRIPT>

<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
blah blah blah
</BODY>
</HTML>

**********************

driving me crazy

any comments welcome

cheers

Randy Webb

mindseeker said the following on 1/23/2006 11:33 PM:
I have a html window that is opened from another link with the toolbars
etc off.

I'm sorry. Whoever taught you that anti-social behavior failed you.
i have javascript code to detect the users screen size, which then the
newly opened window uses to resize to full screen.

I bet it doesn't do what you think it does.
this code doesnt seem to work correctly with IE and XP. it works
correctly under netscape, mozilla in XP, and under WIN2k, it works with
IE, netscape mozilla. it does it on other peoples pcs, so i know its
just not me

"works correctly" isn't a correct analogy. Move your taskbar to the
right side of the monitor by dragging it there and then tell me that it
"works correctly".

And then tell me what size the window should be for me:

alert(screen.width);//alerts 2560
alert(screen.height);//alerts 960

Hint: I have dual monitors.
If i press F5 to refresh the browser, it will then correct itself and
size to full screen.

is it a bug or just blame the moon?

It is a bug in your belief that you know better than the user what size
to make the browser window.

mindseeker

I was looking for an answer to my question, not some gibberish

Seems your not as smart as you think, because you dont have an answer to
my question.

Thank you

Randy Webb

mindseeker said the following on 1/26/2006 11:27 PM:
I was looking for an answer to my question

And you got answers. Just because it wasn't what you wanted doesn't
change what you got.
, not some gibberish

There was not gibberish in your post.
Seems your not as smart as you think,

Actually, they say I am smarter than I think I am. That I tend to try to
diminish my thought processes and be humble about it.
because you dont have an answer to my question.

Yes I do. And I gave it. This is a discussion group, not a help desk. If
you ask a question, it gets discussed. If you get an answer you like,
fine. If you don't, that's still fine. But your question *was* answered.
It just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Now, how you any answers for *my* questions in my reply to you? The
answer to my questions predicate and answer to yours.