JAXB : expecting an automatical control in java source when restrictions are specified in XML schema

Jean-Marie Condom

hello

when I specify a restriction in a xml schema such as the following
simple type ZeroOrOne accepting only integer with value 0 or 1 :

<xsd:simpleType name="ZeroOrOne">
<xsd:restriction base="xsd:int">
<xsd:minInclusive value="0"/>
<xsd:maxExclusive value="2"/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:complexType name="Connexion">
<xsd:attribute name="reconnexion">
</xsd:attribute>
</xsd:complexType>

I expect that the java source generated by xjc includes a control
on the value of attribute "reconnexion" when reading the
corresponding xml file

but no control is coded and "reconnexion" may
be set to any value, the xml file is read
without generating any error if "reconnexion" is
not equal to 0 or 1

surely i misunderstood sth in using JAXB

can someone help me

thanks in advance

Jean-Marie

Sudsy

Jean-Marie Condom said:
hello

when I specify a restriction in a xml schema such as the following
simple type ZeroOrOne accepting only integer with value 0 or 1 :

<xsd:simpleType name="ZeroOrOne">
<xsd:restriction base="xsd:int">
<xsd:minInclusive value="0"/>
<xsd:maxExclusive value="2"/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

<xsd:complexType name="Connexion">
<xsd:attribute name="reconnexion">
</xsd:attribute>
</xsd:complexType>

Perhaps:

<xsd:complexType name="Connexion">
<xsd:attribute name="reconnexion" type="ZeroOrOne" />
</xsd:complexType>

Jean-Marie Condom

yes i had forgotten to write this in my email ;
the pb was coming from the fact that i wasn't
using Ant so the grammar wasn't used since
file bgm.ser was absent
now all is ok !

jean-marie