    default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
    spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing. Other than
    that, it seems to be pretty nice.
    Miguel De Anda, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Miguel De Anda

    Bill Joy Guest

    The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
    causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
    to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
    (which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
    above as a template for alignment.

    The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
    more used to.

    You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
    the "Customize..." button.

    There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
    It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
    looking for a file in its directory which provides it.

    http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=17121

    "Miguel De Anda" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one

    thing (in
    > the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:
    >
    > Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there

    a way

    Bill Joy, Jun 28, 2003

  3. "Bill Joy" <> wrote in message
    > The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
    > causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
    > to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
    > (which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
    > above as a template for alignment.
    >
    > The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
    > more used to.
    >
    > You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
    > the "Customize..." button.
    >
    > There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
    > It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
    > looking for a file in its directory which provides it.
    >
    > http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=17121
    >

    > "Miguel De Anda" <> wrote in message
    > > I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one

    > thing (in
    > > the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:
    > >
    > > Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there

    > a way
    > > to adjust the size of the tab?
    > >
    > > Its pretty annoying to have to press the arrow like 10 times. It also
    > > default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
    > > spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing.

    > Other than
    > > that, it seems to be pretty nice.

    Sweet. Thanks.
    Miguel De Anda, Jul 1, 2003