JDBC

Rishi

Hi,i am total newbie in java programming.I want help in connecting
Oracle 9i database and inserting data in a table there.How can i do
this?Can anyone explain me step-by-step or point me to any link where
i can learn this?I am using tomcat 6.0.16 and windows xp sp2 operating
system.

Lew

Rishi said:
Hi,i am total newbie in java programming.I want help in connecting

Please do not multi-post. It is rude.
Oracle 9i database and inserting data in a table there.How can i do
this?Can anyone explain me step-by-step or point me to any link where
i can learn this?I am using tomcat 6.0.16 and windows xp sp2 operating
system.

For JDBC generally, read
<http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/Database/JDBC20Intro/JDBC20.html>
which, BTW, took just a few minutes to find by browsing java.sun.com and
clicking on their "Documentation" link, "Tutorials", "JDBC". You will find
java.sun.com a really good starting point for Java information.

For Oracle's JDBC driver you could navigate to oracle.com and search their
database engine pages. I went to the "Express Edition" page, which is what
I'd use for experimentation since there's no license fee,
<http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/xe/index.html>
There I see "Developer Doc", "Java Developer Guide".
<http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/appdev.102/b25320/toc.htm>

Chase Preuninger

If your new to java JDBC can be very complex. Here are some simple
steps that are for you to figure out how to do.

1)Set the driver which is one of the system properties
2)Create a connection using the DriveManager class
3)Use that connection to create statements
4)Use those statements to execute queries and return result sets
5)When finished close all statements, result sets, and connections

Note that if you use the same statement twice to return a result set
then if you call the previous result set there will be an error
because it is no longer open.

http://groups.google.com/group/java-software-develoupment?hl=en