    How do I get the chooser to update the label?

    Thanks,
    Nick
    Nick =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Wiedenbr=FCck?=, Sep 19, 2003

  2. In article <bkei0e$mog$-muenster.de>,
    Nick Wiedenbr├╝ck <> wrote:

    >:Hi,
    >:
    >:I wrote an application that uses a JFileChooser. When I open the chooser and
    >:walk through to my cd-rom drive, the label of the cd is shown. But when I
    >:close it, change the cd and open the chooser again, the label of the
    >:previous cd is shown, not the label of the current cd.
    >:
    >:How do I get the chooser to update the label?
    >:
    >:Thanks,
    >:Nick

    I suspect this is the same problem I experienced where new files and
    directories also didn't show up next time I opened the chooser. If so,
    you should be able to correct it by calling the chooser's
    rescanCurrentDirectory() method immediately before showing it.

    = Steve =
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Steve W. Jackson, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Steve W. Jackson wrote:

    > In article <bkei0e$mog$-muenster.de>,
    > Nick Wiedenbr├╝ck <> wrote:
    >
    >>:Hi,
    >>:
    >>:I wrote an application that uses a JFileChooser. When I open the chooser
    >>:and walk through to my cd-rom drive, the label of the cd is shown. But
    >>:when I close it, change the cd and open the chooser again, the label of
    >>:the previous cd is shown, not the label of the current cd.
    >>:
    >>:How do I get the chooser to update the label?
    >>:
    >>:Thanks,
    >>:Nick

    > I suspect this is the same problem I experienced where new files and
    > directories also didn't show up next time I opened the chooser. If so,
    > you should be able to correct it by calling the chooser's
    > rescanCurrentDirectory() method immediately before showing it.
    >
    > = Steve =

    Hi,
    thank you, but that is not the problem.

    Nick
    Nick =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Wiedenbr=FCck?=, Sep 21, 2003