JFileChooser - File Filter - Need help getting rid of "All Files" option

nbuserx

Hi all,

I would really like to know how to get rid of the option "All
Files" inside the JFileChooser, I have my own filter applied so
that it only can see directories and *.mdb files but... the "All
Files" option still is there, I would like to get rid of it
altogether.

Any help please.

Thanks, Asif

Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi folks:

I know this is an old topic, but it's relevant to me. My problem is that you can still select the greyed out items and choose the "OK" button. So for instance, I am filtering to only accept .3DS file extensions. But it will let you select any file that doesn't have that extension, it's just greyed out, and then you click OK and it acts as if it were a legitimate .3DS file (from the point of view of the file chooser)

Any idea how to fix this?

Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi I82Much!

I do not know if you fixed the problem. It seems to me that there should be a problem with your filter. In my opinion you should see just the files with .3DS extension. Seeing the code would help a lot...

Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The filter seems to work fine; I will attach the code and you can see for yourself, as well as a screenshot of what I mean

http: //pastebin.com/f4cc5acc0

http: //web5.twitpic.com/img/10997124-5597f583c2b002b714b0a2252eb682cd.4a26c855-scaled.png

http: //web1.twitpic.com/img/10997167-8c2cb0b7f03481ae0f33a1c53eaad144.4a26c878-scaled.png

http: //web5.twitpic.com/img/10997226-e0103534c59fe994db811f2475f4e157.4a26c897-scaled.png

As you can see, even though the .txt files are greyed out, you can click them and select them.