    JFileChooser, just some other complex component.

    Thank you in advance.

    Best Regards.

    FET, Jun 24, 2004

  2. FET

    Jim Sculley Guest

    FET wrote:
    > Ho, (Hi is too common)
    >
    > In more than one article on JavaWorld, I have read that the
    > JFileChooser in J2SDK 1.4 has a built-in type ahead scheme which
    > automatically selects the file in the file list as the name is being
    > typed in the text field. I have not seen this behaviour yet. I am
    > using JDK 1.4.2. What could be the problem ? Is there some secret way
    > of enabling it ?

    Doesn't appear to do that on my Linux box under 1.4.2_03 or 1.5.0 beta.
    There is something approximating that behavior when you click on a
    file in the window. Once it has focus, typing a letter will take you to
    the first file starting with that letter.

    Jim S.

    --
    Remove my extraneous mandibular appendages to reply via email.

    Jim Sculley, Jun 25, 2004