JList or similar

Luc The Perverse

I have started a new thread for a new question - this is in regards a Media
Search Agent which will return media files in a JList.

The JList control is generally mouse driven - but I would like to be able to
control the JList from anywhere in the form even if it does not have focus.
In order to make this work in the way that I am envisioning I would need to
expand on the basic functionality.

1. Page up and Page down scroll the listbox up or down a page at time.
2. CTRL+UP (arrow key) or CTRL + DOWN (arrow key) would move the list box
by one line
3. Pressing a function key would be the same as clicking on its respective
list item
4. CTRL and SHIFT keys would be preserve their functionality
(for instance, to select items 2 through 5 you press F2 then SHIFT +
F5)
etc.

To implement these things I would need to have relative information of where
rows were being displayed - which I do not know how to access or modify.
And I would need to be able to control the scrolling, which I do not know
how to do.

Has anyone tried anything like this? Is there a better way to go about
this?