JLS 3 Errata

Mike Schilling

Does anyone know if there's a list of errata for the third edition of the
JLS? I just bought this, and it's shot full of typos (concentrated in the
new material, where they're the most damaging, of course.)

How Sun can charge $50.00 for a book they haven't proofread, I don't know.

Roedy Green

How Sun can charge $50.00 for a book they haven't proofread, I don't know.

The best people to proofread a text are people who DON'T know the
material. They have to actually read everything to make sense. They
don't unconsciously skip over stuff they know well.

You also need people who fact check, which is a quite different thing
from proofreading.

Mike Schilling

Roedy Green said:
Because a programmer proof read it not a proof reader.

A programmer would have caught many of these, like mismatched braces in
example code.

And *I'm* a programmer, and quite proud of the work I did proofreading the
Vance Integral Edition. :)