JMF

mnanupama

hi...
I am a final yr engineering student going my project currently. My
topic is "media based monitoring system using smart phones". We have
decided to use JMF in our project. Can you suggest any good books for
JMF? Also, where do we type the code in JMF?

Andrew Thompson

I am a final yr engineering student going my project currently. My
topic is "media based monitoring system using smart phones". We have
decided to use JMF in our project. ..

Almost certainly a bad choice, unless the media types
are strictly controlled. (And if the latter, a perfectly valid
choice).

JMF has effectively been abandoned, in preference to the
JMC which should appear in Java 7. The JMC in its initial
release will not attempt to cover all of the functionality that
JMF already covers.
..Can you suggest any good books for
JMF? Also, where do we type the code in JMF?

Where do you 'type the code' for command line apps.?
Once you figure that out, type the 'JMF' code in the same
place, but just add the JMF jars to the build compile path,
and the runtime classpath.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.physci.org/