jni and jvmti

anshu.veda

Hi,

I need to log all method invocations in the form:
<caller object's tag, called object's tag>

I have managed to write the code for tagging each instance.

I have further instrumented method entry and exit.. but that only gives
me the handle of object being invoked.

I am using a code similar to the heapTracker lib(jvmti demos in jdk1.5
distribution), for tagging objects..

can ne one help me ???

Thanks in advance,

~anshu

anshu.veda

yeah i guess you missed the start of the post..
I need to log all method invocations in the form:
<caller object's tag, called object's tag>
May be I 'll elaborate:
Suppose some object of class B say b invokes a method on an object of
class A, say instance a..

In need the info: <object tag of b, object tag of a>
(P.S. I donot want just the class name.. thats is available in
stacktrace.)
Assume tagging is done and each instance is tagged with its
instantiation history, so two instances of same class may have have
different tags.

How do I do this.
It would be great if I could get some help.
Thanks,
~anshu