JNI C-exit(1)

Discussion in 'Java' started by ganeshamutha@gmail.com, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,,

    A C-process (JNI thread) connected with some thread.. i found few
    problem...

    1. When I want to suspend i called wait().. it was
    suspended .. if i want to ask it to resume i called notify() and
    notifyAll() but JNI thread not resuming from where it is left. When i
    say start it is starting from initial position and after few
    suspend / start .. Java get crashing..

    *** What could be the wrong on there? How do can fix it?

    2. I am keep on checking the status instance
    JNIEnv *envG; jobject objG;
    jclass cls=(*envG)->GetObjectClass(envG,objG);
    jmethodId mid=(*envG)-
    >getMethodID(envG,cls"wait_here","()Z");

    if( *envG->CallBooleanMethod(envG,objG,mid))
    {
    /**Some Iteration***/
    }
    i want to quit the exact JNI thread (C-process) if Java
    thread returns the bool as true. how do can i kill the exact C-
    process.. i have used exit(1) in C but it was closed all the thread
    including Java..
    **** how do can i stop the Process ? which approach will
    easy either through C or Java?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ganesh.

    , Mar 5, 2007

  2. On 5 Mar 2007 04:31:49 -0800, wrote:
    > A C-process (JNI thread) connected with some thread.. i found few
    > problem...

    A C-process is not a JNI thread. Explain what you mean here.

    > 1. When I want to suspend i called wait().. it was
    > suspended .. if i want to ask it to resume i called notify() and
    > notifyAll() but JNI thread not resuming from where it is left. When i
    > say start it is starting from initial position and after few
    > suspend / start .. Java get crashing..
    >
    > *** What could be the wrong on there? How do can fix it?

    Almost anything at all. When your application crashes it is most
    likely not a problem with the logic (which you've described), but with
    the code itself (which you haven't posted). The solution is to fix the
    code.

    > 2. I am keep on checking the status instance
    > JNIEnv *envG; jobject objG;
    > jclass cls=(*envG)->GetObjectClass(envG,objG);
    > jmethodId mid=(*envG)-
    >>getMethodID(envG,cls"wait_here","()Z");

    > if( *envG->CallBooleanMethod(envG,objG,mid))
    > {
    > /**Some Iteration***/
    > }

    > i want to quit the exact JNI thread (C-process) if Java thread
    > returns the bool as true. how do can i kill the exact C- process.. i
    > have used exit(1) in C but it was closed all the thread including
    > Java..
    >
    > **** how do can i stop the Process ? which approach will
    > easy either through C or Java?

    Make up your mind: are you talking about threads or processes?

    The answer depends on how you started the thread (or process).
    Possibly all you need to do is return from the method.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Mar 5, 2007