JNI- Invocation API problem

lucas

Does anyone managed to launch a java VM from a MS VC++ application?

I'm trying access my java classes from the C++ side, but I can't. The

problem appears when invoking the method JNI_CreateJavaVM(..), that always

returns -1.

I've surf the web and the fora, and I've tried all the solutions and

different implementations I've found. In theory, the code is quite simple,

and in this first step, I'm not loading any of my java classes but only

starting a clean VM.

My details are:

VC++ in Visual Studio. NET

Sun Java SDK 1.4.06

One of my firsts doubts is: Do I have to use the jvm.dll that comes with the

jre of the sdk, or I can simply use the jvm.lib ?

Also, I suspect the problem comes from the fact that I have different VM in

my computer, Can any of briefly explain me how does JNI finds and starts the

VM?

I haven't attached any code because I've tryied many different solutions.

Thank to all of you in advance

Thomas Weidenfeller

lucas said:
Does anyone managed to launch a java VM from a MS VC++ application?

You are posting this now for at least the third time. Didn't it occur to
you that one posting would be enough?

/Thomas