    any hints would be appreciated

    thank
    artur
    Artur Niesporek, Apr 2, 2004

  2. you cannot join tables because this functionality is not provided. However,
    you can define table relationships between these tables or if you want to
    look up data, you can search with restrictions.

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]
    "Artur Niesporek" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >
    > my problem is that i have to load 3 different tables from different

    databases into one dataset and do a join on all. i loaded all tables into
    one dataset and created datarelations between the 3 tables. now i am looking
    for a way to do a join between all those tables so that i will be able to
    databind the result to a datagrid.

    > the tables are somewhat of these values:
    >
    > table1 table2 table3
    > code_id --- code_id rate
    > somevalue rate_id --- rate_id
    > somevalue
    >
    > the relationships between the tables are: table1 <-> table2 1:1 and table2

    <-> table3 1:1.

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Apr 4, 2004

  3. Hi artur,

    Does Alvin's reply makes sense to you? Do you still have any concern?

    Please feel free to feedbac, we will help you. Thanks

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan
    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 7, 2004
  4. sorry for the delayed feedback but i was out of office the last few days

    i was searching once again on the web and found the following kb-article for creating a join-helper class at the following url: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;32608

    i will try it this way. if i have any further questions i will let you know

    regards, artu
    Artur Niesporek, Apr 7, 2004
  5. Hi artur,

    Thanks for your feedback.

    Yes, the technical this article shows is the best way to handle this issue
    now. Anyway, if you meet any further problem on this issue, please feel
    free to feedback, I will help you. Thanks.

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 7, 2004
  6. Hi artur,

    Does this KB's solution works for you? Do you still have any concern?

    Please feel free to let me know, I will help you. Thanks

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 9, 2004