    Gary Guest

    Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

    Is it created by netscape?
    Gary, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Gary

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote:

    >Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

    The closest thing to an official specification is
    http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/ECMA-262.HTM

    >Is it created by netscape?

    The original JavaScript was.

    If you are only interested in the Netscape version then the latest
    version is 1.5 and you can find documentation at:
    http://devedge.netscape.com/central/javascript/

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Gary

    brucie Guest

    In post <bdpt65$dlc$>
    Gary said...

    > Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

    ECMAScript Specification, Third Edition (dec '99)
    www.mozilla.org/js/language/E262-3.pdf
    http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ecma-st/Ecma-262.pdf

    ECMAScript 4 Netscape Proposal
    http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/es4/

    JScript
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/jscript7/html/jslrfjscriptlanguagereference.asp

    JavaScript
    http://devedge.netscape.com/library/manuals/2000/javascript/1.5/guide/

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 01/July/2003 05:47:04 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/
    brucie, Jun 30, 2003