JSCookMenu not displaying outside current frame -- solution????

Richard

I have a framed page, with a 100 pixel deep header section.

I've coded the JSCookMenu in that frame, but the drop downs get cut in half
..... ie. the drop downs only display within that frame and won't overlay
over the frame below.

Is there any way round this??

I'm not a Javascript programmer, so any coding changes need to be fully
explained please.

Many thanks
Richard

Randy Webb

Richard said the following on 8/12/2005 8:52 PM:
I have a framed page, with a 100 pixel deep header section.

But, you just discovered one of the problems with frames. Stop using
frames and your problems go away.
I've coded the JSCookMenu in that frame, but the drop downs get cut in half
..... ie. the drop downs only display within that frame and won't overlay
over the frame below.

Yep, thats the way frames work. But, WTF is "JSCookMenu"? Is that a JS
Script to Cook from my Menu for me? If so, I want it.
Is there any way round this??

Yes, stop using frames.
I'm not a Javascript programmer, so any coding changes need to be fully
explained please.

Yeah, and World Peace should be achievable over night. Buy a good book
and read the spec sites to learn how it should work, then you start
testing in browsers to find out how it really does work.