JSLINT (JavaScript Lint)

Ivo

Douglas said:

I notice with interest the changes happening at and around the no. 1 js
tool online. Although change always goes hand in hand with fear of all
the good that might be lost. The sudden appearance of two images on the
previously lightweight page raises concerns.
Never mind. This is what I wanted to contribute: a little and sofar IE
only bookmarklet I wrote especially for that page although it serves
its uses elsewhere too now.

javascript:(function (n){var
a=document.getElementsByTagName('textarea')[0],r=a.createTextRange(),t=a.value.split(/\n/);n=+(n||window.prompt('Select
which
line?',t.length));if(n){t.length=n;r.collapse();r.findText(t.join(''));r.collapse(false);r.moveEnd('character',-1);r.moveStart('character',1-t[t.length-1].length);r.select();}})(parseInt(document.selection.createRange().text));

It asks for a line to highlight in the textarea if you didn't just
doubleclick the linenumber in the lint error message. You might
consider implementing such functionality in the page as more than a
mere convenience. A message like (314) really isn't very meaningful
with countless and often wrapping lines of code.

Domain created on 05-Mar-2005. Congratulation it was still available.