JSP login from only a single pc

carmelo

That's not really how the internet works. If you have that requirement,
you have to build your own solution - a client and a server part, and
forget using HTTP. That way you can control the clients system by making
a checksum of the hardware and checking against that on each execution.

It will break if the user needs to change his hardware. That is a
problem if this is a commercial license the user has bought.

Like others have said, the benefits of such a practise aren't obvious.

It's usually only necessary to reliably identify a user, regardless what
system he uses to access your webservice, because PCs are replacable.

I saw with my eyes some internet web sites which let you login only
from "one single" pc...

Lew

carmelo said:
I saw with my eyes some internet web sites which let you login only
from "one single" pc...

carmelo, why do you not answer the question, repeatedly asked by many
here, of what benefit you hope to achieve? You focus entirely on a
particular tactic, one that several here have shown to be infeasible
already, and completely ignore (at least in this dicussion) the goal.
What is the goal?

Arne Vajhøj

carmelo said:
I saw with my eyes some internet web sites which let you login only
from "one single" pc...

And you did check that it was not just WAN IP or cookie or some
other method known to be unreliable ??

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Sabine said:
That's not really how the internet works. If you have that requirement,
you have to build your own solution - a client and a server part, and
forget using HTTP. That way you can control the clients system by making
a checksum of the hardware and checking against that on each execution.

It will break if the user needs to change his hardware. That is a
problem if this is a commercial license the user has bought.

Like others have said, the benefits of such a practise aren't obvious.

It's usually only necessary to reliably identify a user, regardless what
system he uses to access your webservice, because PCs are replacable.

Not even that would be very safe if the client app is in Java and
the users would gain something by cheating.

Arne