Steven

Hi All,

This simple code doesn't work :

--
<c:set var="test" value="test"/>
<c:eek:ut value="${test}"/>
--

Gives this error :
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver

While for example this code does work :
---
<jsp:useBean id="now" class="java.util.Date" />
<c:eek:ut value="${now}"/>
---

The tag I use to import JSTL into the page is :
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

I'm not sure what version of JSTL I'm using, how can I check?
in my /WEB-INF/lib/ directory I have the two files :
- standard.jar (529kb)
- jstl.jar (25kb)

Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help!!

Ryan Stewart

[...]
description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
fulfilling this request.
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver
[...]
As EL is only supported in JSP 2.0, the javax.servlet.jsp.el package does not
exist in older versions. I suspect you're trying to use JSTL 1.1 with JSP 1.2 or
older. JSTL 1.1 requires JSP 2.0.