JToExe

Roedy Green

JToExe was a program that could turn a jar into a Windows executable.

I gather what it was embed the jar in the C file, detach it, then use
C exec on Java and the jar.

I got a request for this defunct program. It seem to have gone
entirely.

Is there anything else like it -- other then Jet native compilation?

If newbie were to tackle making one, what tips would you give?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

For most people, a global average temperature rise of 3°C (5°F) does not sound
alarming. They don’t understand that the warming is uneven, mostly over the
continents which will rise 6°C (11°F). The maximum annual temperature will
increase considerably more. Paris will have the temperature of Algiers,
Moscow the temperature of Paris, San Francisco the temperature of Tijuana and
New York the temperature of Charleston, and Houston the temperature of some
obscure dusty town in southern Mexico.

Michael Rauscher

Roedy said:
JToExe was a program that could turn a jar into a Windows executable.

I gather what it was embed the jar in the C file, detach it, then use
C exec on Java and the jar.

I got a request for this defunct program. It seem to have gone
entirely.

Is there anything else like it -- other then Jet native compilation?

If newbie were to tackle making one, what tips would you give?

Some time ago, I used

http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net/

Bye
Michael

Roedy Green

I used Launch4J or l4j recently. It is essentially the same as smooth,
but I had more luck with it.

Thanks everyone. I this gave me the lead I needed. I have written an
essay on my findings, posted at:

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/executablewrapper.html