JViewPorts Client not refreshed

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joana, Nov 28, 2003.

  1. Joana

    Joana Guest

    hello,

    I please for some help in following problem...

    Starting point:
    JScrollPane scrollPane = new JScrollPane();
    scrollPane.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(500,450));

    //viewClient has got a computed mathematical grafic
    JComponent viewClient = myExternLibrary.getJComponent();
    scrollPane.setViewportView(viewClient);

    Result:
    There is a piece of the mathematical grafic(left,top piece) in the
    programwindow. It is all ok.

    For example:

    scrollPane:
    |--------------|
    | |
    | ---|
    | \ |
    | \ |
    | \|
    | |
    |<============>|
    (horizontal JScrollBar )

    Problem:
    If I have manipulated the visible area with buttons,all has been ok.
    But if I have manipulated with knob, the JViewPort has refreshed
    incompletely.

    for example:

    I pull knob on the right and allways become(a picture). But b Picture
    is korrectly.

    (a picture) (b picture)
    scrollPane:
    |---------------| |---------------|
    | | | ###|
    | --- ---| | --- |
    | \ \ | | \ |
    | \ \ | | \ |
    | \ \| | \ |
    | | | ###|
    |<=============>| |<=============>|

    Thanks for any help!!

    best regards,
    Joana
    Joana, Nov 28, 2003

  2. Joana

    Joana Guest

    hello,

    I have tried to solve my problem again...
    I found one strange feature:

    For example, my JComponent, he's a client of JViewPort, has a size
    (width,height).
    When I set jscrollpane.setPreferredSize(800,800), there isn't any
    problem.
    But, when I set the size (300,300), I get the same problem from my
    first posting again.

    I can not understand it! If somebody has any ideas, please help...
    thanks,

    Joana
    Joana, Dec 7, 2003