JVM Loading classes in java

Chandu

I seem to run into a weird problem. Because of an issue on windows
I have mapped a drive to the folder where my jar files are
located(Same machine)

eg:\\hostname\lib is my network mounted folder (but it is still on the
local machine)

Now I start my program(server) Everything runs fine till i disconnect
the machine from the network... then the the network mounted drive is
disconneted and my JVM fails to the find class files its looking for
which is expected I guess

But when i restore the connection JVM doesnt still find the classes .
Only functions of the server for which the classes have been loaded
before disconnecting it work. But classes which are not loaded.. but
available after disconnecting and reconnecting are not loaded and i
get classNot found exceptions.

is this a problem with JVM or is there a work around for situations
like this

is There a Known Bug in JVM that documents this

I am using Java version "1.4.1_02"

Thanks in Advance
- C