Jython Released

Ramza Brown

This is an update from Brian Zimmer of the Jython group, new release:

"There is a new release of Jython available at Sourceforge:

This release includes many major changes since the last full release:

- new-style classes
- Java Collections integration
- PEP 302 implementation
- iterators
- generators
- __future__ division
- support for running on JDK1.5
- new installer
- a significant number of features to bring Jython in line with CPython
- many, many bugfixes

It was compiled a OS X with JDK1.4 but should run on JDK 1.2 +.

The full set of changes are too numerous to list in detail. Please consult
the sourceforge tracker for all closed issues since the last release.

This version of Jython has support for most of Python 2.2 and numerous
features from Python 2.3 and beyond. A more comprehensive list will be
forthcoming.

Please email (e-mail address removed) with questions.

thanks,..."

The Jython Development Team

Dave Benjamin

Dave said:
Great news!

How do I use it?

I figured it out. You might want to document this somewhere. ;)
java -cp jython_Release_2_2alpha1.jar org.python.util.install.Installation

Dave

Ramza Brown

Dave said:
I figured it out. You might want to document this somewhere. ;)
java -cp jython_Release_2_2alpha1.jar org.python.util.install.Installation

Dave

Did you try double clicking on the jar. That is what most do or at
least the last package supported that.

Dave Benjamin

Ramza said:
Did you try double clicking on the jar. That is what most do or at
least the last package supported that.

Yeah. It opens in WinRAR. =)

Dave