Jythonc Problem

Ian Vincent

I cannot find a Jython newsgroup, so apologies in advance if this
question has been posted to the wrong group.

Just written my first Jython program (previously written Python ones)
and it is working fine in 'interpreted mode'. I now want to compile it
into Java classes but I get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/usr/share/jython/Tools/jythonc/jythonc.py", line 5, in ?
File "/usr/share/jython/Tools/jythonc/main.py", line 299, in main
File "/usr/share/jython/Tools/jythonc/main.py", line 162, in
getOptions
AttributeError: class 'org.python.modules.os' has no attribute 'path'

Jython version is Jython 2.2a0 installed from the Suse 10.0 rpm
Java version is 1.4.2_06-b03 (possibly also installed from the Suse 10.0
rpm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian