K&R2 Corrections List...

/dev/phaeton

Hi all.

Like many whom I've read here lately, I'm shaking the rust off and making
another attempt at learning C. This time, I've actually got the
definitive tome to follow along with: K&R2...

However, I seem to remember (from about 8 or 10 years ago) that there was
a list floating around that had a community compiled corrections list to
this book. I.e., "use fgets instead of scanf, because scanf is
vulnerable to buffer overflows" etc.

Does this list exist, or am I delusional? Both?

Thanks.

Joachim Schmitz

/dev/phaeton said:
Hi all.

Like many whom I've read here lately, I'm shaking the rust off and
making another attempt at learning C. This time, I've actually got
the definitive tome to follow along with: K&R2...

However, I seem to remember (from about 8 or 10 years ago) that there
was a list floating around that had a community compiled corrections
list to this book. I.e., "use fgets instead of scanf, because scanf
is vulnerable to buffer overflows" etc.

Does this list exist, or am I delusional? Both?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=K&R+2+errata should pretty quickly lead you to
http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html

Bye, Jojo

Keith Thompson

/dev/phaeton said:
Like many whom I've read here lately, I'm shaking the rust off and making
another attempt at learning C. This time, I've actually got the
definitive tome to follow along with: K&R2...

However, I seem to remember (from about 8 or 10 years ago) that there was
a list floating around that had a community compiled corrections list to
this book. I.e., "use fgets instead of scanf, because scanf is
vulnerable to buffer overflows" etc.

Does this list exist, or am I delusional? Both?

The official errata list is at
<http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html>.

A Google search for k&r2 errata turns up several other web pages.
Perhaps the page you're thinking of is somewhere in that search result.

/dev/phaeton

The official errata list is at
<http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html>.

A Google search for k&r2 errata turns up several other web pages.
Perhaps the page you're thinking of is somewhere in that search result.

Thanks Joachim and Keith. That list is useful also, but not the one I
was looking for. In the meantime I will keep my eye out for it. If it
was here in this ng that I saw it I'm sure a reference to it will pop up
eventually.

Thanks!

-J