KeepCDATA => 1 in XML::DOM

Markus Mohr

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

Sincerely

Markus Mohr

Martien Verbruggen

[Please, do not post the same message to two newsgroups independently.
You also posted this to comp.lang.perl.modules. Instead, use your
newsreader's crossposting facility to post to multiple groups]

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

It is possible, although I'd rate it as unlikely. What makes you think
it doesn't work? Where is the code that you tested, and where is the
data you tested it with? If you post a small self-contained code
example and XML document here, we can have a look at it for you.
Otherwise, we can't.

Martien

Markus Mohr

[Please, do not post the same message to two newsgroups independently.
You also posted this to comp.lang.perl.modules. Instead, use your
newsreader's crossposting facility to post to multiple groups]

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

It is possible, although I'd rate it as unlikely. What makes you think
it doesn't work? Where is the code that you tested, and where is the
data you tested it with? If you post a small self-contained code
example and XML document here, we can have a look at it for you.

Sure I will. Here you are.

Sincerely

Markus Mohr

Markus Mohr

[Please, do not post the same message to two newsgroups independently.
You also posted this to comp.lang.perl.modules. Instead, use your
newsreader's crossposting facility to post to multiple groups]

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

It is possible, although I'd rate it as unlikely. What makes you think
it doesn't work? Where is the code that you tested, and where is the
data you tested it with? If you post a small self-contained code
example and XML document here, we can have a look at it for you.

Sure: Here is some small example as attachment.

Sincerely

Markus

Markus Mohr

[Please, do not post the same message to two newsgroups independently.
You also posted this to comp.lang.perl.modules. Instead, use your
newsreader's crossposting facility to post to multiple groups]

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

It is possible, although I'd rate it as unlikely. What makes you think
it doesn't work? Where is the code that you tested, and where is the
data you tested it with? If you post a small self-contained code
example and XML document here, we can have a look at it for you.

Have sent them privately due to attachment limitations.

Many greetings,

Markus

Martien Verbruggen

[Please, do not post the same message to two newsgroups independently.
You also posted this to comp.lang.perl.modules. Instead, use your
newsreader's crossposting facility to post to multiple groups]

Hi, all,

is it possible that "KeepCDATA => 1" within XML::DOM (e. g. 1.43) does
not work properly?

It is possible, although I'd rate it as unlikely. What makes you think
it doesn't work? Where is the code that you tested, and where is the
data you tested it with? If you post a small self-contained code
example and XML document here, we can have a look at it for you.

Have sent them privately due to attachment limitations.

I won't be seeing them, as I am starting a holiday of four weeks today,
and I'm not going to be accesing my work mailbox.

Just for the record: I wasn't offering to be a personal helpdesk for
this. I was trying to subtly indicate to you that you should post some
code and data when you ask a question. Read the posting guidelines that
regularly get submitted here.

Since both Perl and XML are text, make them part of the body of the
post. Do not post attachments. If it's too large to include, put them on
a HTTP or FTP server somewhere, and post the URL.

Don't ever assume that you can mail stuff directly to people, unless
_specifically_ stated, i.e. with first person singular.

Martien