    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    http://www.nrkn.com/
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Nik Coughin, Jul 28, 2004

  2. Nik Coughin

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:

    >I have three logos in a ul, which is styled as a horizontal list.
    >
    >http://www.crew.org.nz/index.php
    >http://www.crew.org.nz/crew.css
    >
    >The ul has the id "sponsor" and is at the bottom of the page.
    >
    >When the page size gets too small, the li's start wrapping to the next line
    >because they hit the news div. I would prefer them to stay together and end
    >up under the news div.
    >
    >How would I achieve this?

    <ul id="sponsor" style="white-space:nowrap"> (doesn't work in IE)
    li{display:table-cell} (doesn't work in IE)

    Btw, you may want to get rid of the horizontal scrollbar in Opera.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Nik Coughin

    Jeff Thies Guest

    Spartanicus wrote:

    > "Nik Coughin" <nrkn!no-spam!@woosh.co.nz> wrote:
    >

    >>I have three logos in a ul, which is styled as a horizontal list.
    >>
    >>http://www.crew.org.nz/index.php
    >>http://www.crew.org.nz/crew.css
    >>
    >>The ul has the id "sponsor" and is at the bottom of the page.
    >>
    >>When the page size gets too small, the li's start wrapping to the next line
    >>because they hit the news div. I would prefer them to stay together and end
    >>up under the news div.
    >>
    >>How would I achieve this?

    > <ul id="sponsor" style="white-space:nowrap"> (doesn't work in IE)

    That's pretty cool!

    In the meantime the OP can consider the never officially sanctioned but
    widely supported <nobr>Can't break this</nobr>

    or replace spaces with &nbsp; Can't&nbsp;break&nbsp;this
    That can still break on some characters in some browsers.

    Yucca Korpella has much to say about that on his site.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jul 28, 2004