Keeping Track of a Popup Across Reloads

zethon

I'm writing a web-based app where in part of it I have the main
browswer window in which the user can bring up a popup window. The
problem I'm having is being able to tell if that popup window has been
loaded after the main page has refreshed.

I tried doing test using open('','windowName') in order to get the
handle if the window is open, however this is not a very desirable
solution since it will open a window if it doesn't exist. Even if I
have the test open a small window and close it immediatly, it still
looks ugly. I've looked all over for a way in which I could do the test
by opening an invisible window, but there doesn't seem to be a way to
do that.

There also seems to be no FindWindow() in Javascript.

Can someone suggest another possible solution?