Keynote Speakers for XML 2004 Announced

Discussion in 'XML' started by MarionEll, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. MarionEll

    MarionEll Guest

    Keynote Speakers for XML 2004 Announced
    Speakers Include Executives from IBM, Microsoft, DaimlerChrysler;
    World's Largest XML Trade Conference Slated for Nov. 15-19
    in Washington, D.C.
    Alexandria, Va. August 17, 2004 - IDEAlliance, a leading industry association
    dedicated to fostering XML and other information technology standards, today
    announced the keynote speakers for XML Conference and Exposition 2004, being
    held Nov. 15-19 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C. The
    keynote presenters are:
    " Michael Daconta, Metadata Program Manager, U.S. Department of Homeland
    Security
    " Jack Greenfield, Architect, Visual Studio Team System, Microsoft
    (NASDAQ: MSFT)
    " David Haslam, Senior Architect, MOPAR division of DaimlerChrysler
    (NYSE: DCX)
    " Rod Smith, Vice President, Emerging Technologies, IBM (NYSE: IBM)
    "We're thrilled with the caliber of keynotes and presenters we've assembled for
    XML 2004," says XML 2004 Conference Chair Lauren Wood. "We have a broad range
    of topics on the program and a large number of viewpoints will be represented.
    XML is used in so many places to solve real-world problems and XML 2004 will be
    able to showcase many of these solutions."

    "IBM has embraced XML standards as part of our global strategy," says Rodney
    Smith, IBM Fellow/Vice President, IBM. "We're proud to support the XML 2004
    conference as the premier forum for exchanging ideas about XML, which is
    reshaping how the world exchanges information and conducts business."
    "XML standards and technologies are playing an increasingly important role in
    how the U.S. government gathers, manages and distributes information, including
    information vital to our nation's security," says Michael Daconta, Metadata
    Program Manager, U.S. Department of Homeland Security. "With XML 2004 located
    in Washington, D.C., this year's conference will feature a special emphasis on
    government XML solutions."
    For information on presentations, sponsorships, exhibiting at XML 2004, and
    other marketing opportunities, visit
    http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/call.html.
    For general information and to register to attend XML 2004, visit
    http://www.xmlconference.org/xmlusa/2004/registration.html.
    About IDEAlliance
    IDEAlliance (International Digital Enterprise Alliance) is a not-for-profit
    membership organization. Its mission is to advance user-driven, cross-industry
    solutions for all publishing and content-related processes by developing
    standards, fostering business alliances, and identifying best practices.
    IDEAlliance has been a leader in information technology since 1966 (founded as
    Graphic Communications Association) having fostered the development and
    adoption of standards such as ADIS, GRACoL, ICE, JIFFI, Mail.dat, papiNet,
    PRISM, PROSE XML, SPACE XML, SGML, and XML. Learn more about IDEAlliance at
    www.idealliance.org.
    ###

    MarionEll, Aug 17, 2004