    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/estilo_listagem.css">

    or only make a reference??
    thanks,
    Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira, Jan 14, 2004

  2. Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira

    Ray at Guest

    The <!-- #include types are SERVER side includes. Notice that if you do a
    "comments" in the source. That's because the server replaces that include
    line with the contents of the file being included, whether that's html or
    asp. The other things you listed are handled by the browser.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jan 14, 2004

  3. Hi Ray,
    A little question:
    The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
    Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?
    Thanks,

    Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
    Desenvolvimento Web
    HI-TEC

    Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira, Jan 14, 2004
  4. Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira

    Ray at Guest

    > Hi Ray,
    > A little question:
    > The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
    > Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?

    Yes, it would increase the size of data loaded by the browser. But, if it's
    browser stuff, that's what you have to do.

    Ray at work
    Ray at, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira

    Mark Schupp Guest

    The js and css includes are processed by the browser but the file has to be
    retrieved from the web-server (same as an image file has to be loaded by the
    browser). Unless the js and css files are set up on the server to be
    processed by the asp dll they will not impact the processing time (on the
    server) of the asp page that includes them.

    The browser may also cache the files separately so that if more than one asp
    (or html) page uses the same js include file it is not downloaded for each
    asp page.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Nice your explanation Mark!
    Now I really understood!
    thank others else.

    Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
    Desenvolvimento Web
    HI-TEC
    "Mark Schupp" <> escreveu na mensagem
    > The js and css includes are processed by the browser but the file has to

    be
    > retrieved from the web-server (same as an image file has to be loaded by

    the
    > browser). Unless the js and css files are set up on the server to be
    > processed by the asp dll they will not impact the processing time (on the
    > server) of the asp page that includes them.
    >
    > The browser may also cache the files separately so that if more than one

    asp
    > (or html) page uses the same js include file it is not downloaded for each
    > asp page.
    >

    > --
    > Mark Schupp
    > Head of Development
    > Integrity eLearning
    > www.ielearning.com
    >

    > "Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi Ray,
    > > A little question:
    > > The other things you listed are handled by the browser.??
    > > Does not that increase the size of page, of page processing?
    > > Thanks,
    > > --

    > > Vlmar Brazão de Oliveira
    > > Desenvolvimento Web
    > > HI-TEC
    > >
    > > "Ray at <%=sLocation%>" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> escreveu na

    > mensagem
    > > > The <!-- #include types are SERVER side includes. Notice that if you

    do
    > > > "comments" in the source. That's because the server replaces that

    > include
    > > > line with the contents of the file being included, whether that's html

    > or
    > > > asp. The other things you listed are handled by the browser.
    > > >
    > > > Ray at work
    > > >

    > > > "Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira" <> wrote in message

    <!--

    Vilmar Brazão de Oliveira, Jan 14, 2004