KirbyBase: DateTime and Memo

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Dimitri Aivaliotis, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    I love KirbyBase. I think it's great that there's a file-based
    database engine written in Ruby. I like being able to edit the
    database files directly and the fact that there's a Memo datatype.
    But, I did run into two problems while working with KirbyBase
    recently:

    1) a DateTime column originally set to kb_nil upon creation can't
    remain so when updated

    2) a Memo column cannot be created when the memo_blob_path contains a
    directory that doesn't exist

    These are bug ID's 20290 and 20291, respectively, on Rubyforge.
    There's a fairly good description of what the problem exactly is, as
    well as test cases attached to the bug reports. I've given myself a
    month to try to fix the problems myself, but I just haven't had the
    time. Is there anyone with the time and inclination to have a look at
    these problems? Jamey?

    As payment, I can offer you a beer the next time you're in Zurich, Switzerland.

    - Dimitri
    Dimitri Aivaliotis, Jun 26, 2008

  2. Dimitri Aivaliotis

    jonty Guest

    I hadn't heard of Kirbybase before your post - but I agree with you so
    far looking at it

    There does not seem to have been any interest in it for 2 years - anyone
    know what happened?

    I would love to be of help with the bugs but am not an expert so may
    take me some considerable time!

    jonty, Jun 29, 2008

    I love kirbybase and use it for small projects at work. There is a rails
    adapter for it as well, called ackbar. The last release of ackbar worked
    for rails 1.0 and I updated it to 1.2 (in svn), but no rails > 2 is
    supported. If you have specific questions on kirbybase or ackbar, shoot me
    an email and I'll do my best to answer them.

    /Shawn

    Shawn Anderson, Jul 1, 2008