know value of invisible column in gridview

Mariano

Greetings, pls help me friends...somebody knows how could I see the value of
a cell belong to invisible column in gridview? I have a table with fields
like that : name, last name, address. I show in grid view name and last
name but address is invisble, how i see the value of these cells in a
rowdatabound event?

Thanks a lot,
Mariano

Mike

you can't once a column is set invisible, it is.

What you can do is have the column set to visible, but have the text color
match the background color of the row. That way the data isn't showing, and
you will be able to access that data from the cell.

Guest

You should be able to set it to visible in the code behind, read the value
and then hide it again.

Or alternatively, don't use hidden columns. Put the field name into the
datakey collection.