Korean chars on javascript alerts

rhompi

Hi,

I have a problem displaying korean characters in javascript alerts.
Korean characters are displayed fine in menus, webpages, buttons,etc.
except in javascript alerts. Can anyone please help me?

By the way, this problem occurs in IE5 only. I have tested in IE6,
Mozilla1.4 and Netscape 6 and this issue does not occur.

Thanks!

Ian L

Hi,

I have a problem displaying korean characters in javascript alerts.
Korean characters are displayed fine in menus, webpages, buttons,etc.
except in javascript alerts. Can anyone please help me?

By the way, this problem occurs in IE5 only. I have tested in IE6,
Mozilla1.4 and Netscape 6 and this issue does not occur.

Thanks!

I think the reason lies in IE5. IE5 have many differences with IE6,
esp. in JavaScript. I'm not sure how JavaScript deals with Korean
because JavaScript was meant for more-English-based languages
(JavaScript uses ASCII). Even if Korean was written in ASCII, it would
be mostly in high ASCII (or extented ASCII code). My advice would to
avoid using Korean characers in alerts for IE5, because not only the
characters will not display, it may crash Windows 95, 98 and ME.
Please visit http://www.asciitable.com/ for all of the ASCII
characters.