Label Style

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kpg, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Hi all,

    I am long time programmer but a novice in ASP.NET.

    My main problem with coding is the style property
    of web controls.

    In this case it is the Label (UI.WebControls.Label).

    Whereas I am used to setting properties to manipulate
    the apperance of controls, with HTML it's all in the style.

    My question: Where can I find a comprehensive list of
    all style attribute for a given control?

    This seems like a resonable request (to me) since style is
    so all-important, but the documentation seems to end at
    the style element itself (I assume becase the actual style
    value is HTML, not ASP.NET).

    Others have given me a particular style that in response
    to a sepeific request, sometime they work, sometimes they don't.

    Without a full list I'm basically programming in the dark, and
    it is driving me nuts!

    TIA
    kpg

    kpg, Dec 13, 2005

  2. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Well, I found this:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS1

    Quite helpful.

    It seems the style attribute was introduced with HTML 4.0
    and it allows for the in-line use of CSS by default.

    Learn something new everyday :)

    kpg

    kpg, Dec 13, 2005

  3. kpg

    kpg Guest

    Which brings me to another point.

    I type: vertical-align:center

    Well, this is worng, it should be:

    vertical-align:middle

    but I don't know this, well in HTML-land
    nothing complains, no syntax erros, no
    warnings, becuase browsers just ignore erros.

    Hey, that's great for end users, but what about
    developers?

    Is there no way to validate a page for correctness?

    Because of the extensible nature of HTML I assume such
    validations would need to be performed against a known
    standard, like XML validation.

    I guess I am just not aware of the tools available and
    what I need to use to streamline this whole web dev
    process.

    kpg

    kpg, Dec 13, 2005