Label Style

kpg

Hi all,

I am long time programmer but a novice in ASP.NET.

My main problem with coding is the style property
of web controls.

In this case it is the Label (UI.WebControls.Label).

Whereas I am used to setting properties to manipulate
the apperance of controls, with HTML it's all in the style.

My question: Where can I find a comprehensive list of
all style attribute for a given control?

This seems like a resonable request (to me) since style is
so all-important, but the documentation seems to end at
the style element itself (I assume becase the actual style
value is HTML, not ASP.NET).

Others have given me a particular style that in response
to a sepeific request, sometime they work, sometimes they don't.

Without a full list I'm basically programming in the dark, and
it is driving me nuts!

TIA
kpg

kpg

Which brings me to another point.

I type: vertical-align:center

Well, this is worng, it should be:

vertical-align:middle

but I don't know this, well in HTML-land
nothing complains, no syntax erros, no
warnings, becuase browsers just ignore erros.

Hey, that's great for end users, but what about
developers?

Is there no way to validate a page for correctness?

Because of the extensible nature of HTML I assume such
validations would need to be performed against a known
standard, like XML validation.

I guess I am just not aware of the tools available and
what I need to use to streamline this whole web dev
process.

kpg