Late Binding for Windows Forms App to Web Service HELP!

JC Fischer

Thanks in advance for reading this...
I am relatively new to ASP.NET and certainly to the concept of Web
Services. I have a VB.NET Windows Forms application which is needing
to make use of an exposed web service I have written and placed on an
intranet web server. When I explicitly set a "Web Reference" to it I
can instantiate and use the service without trouble. However, if I
make a change to the web service (not even one of the methods but
adding new methods), EVEN THOUGH the interface signature and return
values remain the same my Windows Forms app begins failing miserably
and the only way I can get it back is to "Update" the web reference
and recompile / deploy the app. Obviously, this is a real bummer and
basically means that I can't continue to expand and develop my web
service. Question is this: Is there a way to instantiate the web
service with the old "CreateObject" syntax or something similar? Any
help you can offer would greatly relieve my tension headache and
perhaps go a long way towards extending my life (or at least my
career...)

Thanks in Advance,

JC Fischer, MCP