Latin charset question ?

Mel

i have a wiered problem. when i get to the page containing the following by
clicking on a link;
on my website, it is all screwed up. BUT....
if i save the source and view it, it is all OK !!!!

<head>
<link rel=stylesheet href="http://127.0.0.1/Share/site.css" text/css></link>
<link rel=stylesheet href="/SalesForce.css" text/css></link>
</head>

<h1>Grüß Gott</h1><h1>¿Por qué usar Google?</h1>

can someone help me ?

thanks

rf

Mel said:
i have a wiered problem. when i get to the page containing the following by
clicking on a link;
on my website, it is all screwed up. BUT....
if i save the source and view it, it is all OK !!!!

And just what have you posted? The saved source, so we can view it. Yep,
it's all OK. What else did you expect?

URL?

Mitja

i have a wiered problem. when i get to the page containing the following
by
clicking on a link;
on my website, it is all screwed up. BUT....
if i save the source and view it, it is all OK !!!!

What is screwed up, the encoding? If so:
- when viewing files locally, there's no server, just html off the disk.
The only charset info the browser get is what you provide in the meta tag.
So it is used and everything looks fine
- when viewing the file on a server, that server (apache? whichever.)
almost surely sends encoding info IN THE HTTP HEADER. This setting
overrides the meta specification, so if the server sends say iso-8859-2,
your non-ascii chars will show up all wrong