    <h1>Grüß Gott</h1><h1>¿Por qué usar Google?</h1>

    can someone help me ?

    thanks
    Mel, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Mel

    rf Guest

    "Mel" <> wrote

    > i have a wiered problem. when i get to the page containing the following

    by
    > clicking on a link;
    > on my website, it is all screwed up. BUT....
    > if i save the source and view it, it is all OK !!!!

    And just what have you posted? The saved source, so we can view it. Yep,
    it's all OK. What else did you expect?

    URL?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Mel

    Mitja Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:27:49 -0500, Mel <> wrote:

    > i have a wiered problem. when i get to the page containing the following
    > by
    > clicking on a link;
    > on my website, it is all screwed up. BUT....
    > if i save the source and view it, it is all OK !!!!

    What is screwed up, the encoding? If so:
    - when viewing files locally, there's no server, just html off the disk.
    The only charset info the browser get is what you provide in the meta tag.
    So it is used and everything looks fine
    - when viewing the file on a server, that server (apache? whichever.)
    almost surely sends encoding info IN THE HTTP HEADER. This setting
    overrides the meta specification, so if the server sends say iso-8859-2,
    your non-ascii chars will show up all wrong

    --
    Mitja
    Mitja, Jan 13, 2005