LD_PRELOAD problem

DJ Dharme

Hi,
Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".

ex:-

void MyClass::LookupValue(int iID, int& iValue)

This method in defined in a dynamic library. Can I override it with
LD_PRELOAD

DJ Dharme

Hi,
      Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".

ex:-

void MyClass::LookupValue(int iID, int& iValue)

This method in defined in a dynamic library. Can I override it with
LD_PRELOAD

Thanks in Advance

DJD

Ian Collins

DJ said:
Hi,
Can I load a different library function for a c++ function using
LD_PRELOAD. i.e the function is not declared as extern "C".
I see you have also asked on comp.unix.programmer, which is where this
question belongs. Please don't multi-post.

DJ Dharme

I see you have also asked on comp.unix.programmer, which is where this
question belongs.  Please don't multi-post.

Yes I have posted this question in comp.unix.programmer and then
thought this also belongs to c++. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks

DJD