LDAP problem with System.DirectoryServices

goldan

I copy and pasted code from the Microsoft site to query ldap t
authenticate a user for a site. I can't figure out what I'm doin
wrong. It gives me the following error: "Logon failure: unknown use
name or bad password". I'm new to ldap, active directory. My lda
server has only one group that contains only a person's username an
password and nothing else. It's used only for authentication. I jus
need to see if the user attempting to login exists and if the passwor
matches. It sounds simple and probably is, but I'm having (along wit
help from a network administrator) a very hard time. Any suggestions
Thanks in advance

-
golda

Patrick Olurotimi Ige

Goldan...
I came through that also but it wokrked for me after struggling with it!
Pls try posting how ur connecting to the LDAP
Patrick
** Try posting to security forum*